WHY GRAPHIC DESIGN?
We live in an increasingly visual world, and the average user’s attention span is getting shorter and shorter. For creative professionals to truly make an impression, bold, vibrant, AND functional designs are the only way forward.
So, whether you’re an aspiring artist seeking to parlay your skills into the digital marketplace or a creative entrepreneur who wants to make their portfolio or website stand out, you can benefit from a solid grasp of graphic design fundamentals.
Got no experience whatsoever with Photoshop? Look no further. Jaychrist’s 6-Week Graphic Design for Beginners Course is all you need to get started. It all begins with a one-on-one consultation about your needs and goals, and then the real work (and fun!) begins. After six weeks, you can expect to:
Do the following with ease on Adobe Photoshop:
- Use different manipulation and creation tools;
- Master Photo correction techniques;
- Use Photoshop in professional projects;
- Add different effects using Photoshop;
- Utilize efficient workflow tools;
- Employ productivity hacks for better results.
Do the following with ease on Adobe Illustration:
- Launch Adobe Illustrator and navigate the interface;
- Create and apply color swatches;
- Convert type into vector outlines;
- Combine two or more colors into a gradient;
- Create artwork with the Paintbrush and Pencil tools;
- Cut and join paths;
- Create compound shapes;
- Apply Photoshop effects;
- Use the shape tools to draw vector objects;
- Add and style type;
- Transform objects by moving, scaling, and rotating them;
- Create and manipulate layers and use them to organize and select objects;
- Use the Pen Tool to draw bezier curves, and add, delete, and convert anchor points;
- Use the Pathfinder Panel to create complex shapes;
- Create clipping masks;
- Save artwork in .jpg, .pdf, and other file formats.
- An initial personalized consultation about your graphic design goals and needs;
- Access to FREE design resources that will come in handy for every project you can imagine, be they print, digital, and beyond. This list is an unlimited resource for ideas and editable design elements for specific needs and is especially curated for you by designer, specifically:
- Five (5) FREE illustration design resources (downloadable and editable)
- Ten (10) FREE font resources (for commercial and personal use)
- FREE high-definition and creative-driven stock photo resources (for commercial and personal use)
- FREE downloadable mock-up file resources (in PSD & Ai formats)
- Practical weekly assignments designed to enable you to apply what you have learned and so you can check your progress.
- BONUS: access to the most efficient design workflow that I’ve been using for the past 10 years as a designer working with the biggest entrepreneurs and companies. It’ll shorten your learning curve by leaps and bounds, and will help you leverage your brand online.
What’s NOT included:
- Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustration software (You can try these for free or purchase a subscription on their website.)
What do you need to take this course?
- 100% Location independent online course: (Learn from home, coworking space, beach, wherever you’d like as long as you have a laptop and good internet connection)
Don’t just seek out your clients. Leverage edgy graphic design and THEY will find you.